Since the Nonviolence and Just Peace conference, held in Rome in April 2016, the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative (CNI) has been organizing a comprehensive effort to build support for integrating Gospel nonviolence throughout the Church, to develop resources, and to be at the service of the Church as it explores the development of innovative Church teaching on nonviolence and just peace.
It is a project of Pax Christi International, the Catholic peace movement.
- Ken Butigan, consultant to Pace e Bene Nonviolence Service and senior lecturer at DePaul University
- Marie Dennis, co-president, Pax Christi International
- Pat Gaffney, general secretary, Pax Christi UK
- Sr. Filo Hirota, most recent former executive coordinator of Mercedarian Missionaries of Berriz
- Greet Vanaerschot, secretary-general, Pax Christi International
- Sr. Teresia Wamuyu Wachira, international board, Pax Christi International and professor at St. Paul’s University
Project coordinator: Judy Coode
- Kevin Carroll, Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns
- Loreta Castro, Center for Peace Education, Miriam College/Pax Christi Pilipinas
- Sr. Sheila Kinsey, Justice, Peace & Integrity of Creation: A Joint Commission of USG/UISG
- Eli McCarthy, Conference of Major Superiors of Men
- Fr. Felix Mushobozi, Justice, Peace & Integrity of Creation: A Joint Commission of USG/UISG
- Sr. Ann Scholz, Leadership Conference of Women Religious
- Amy Woolam Echeverria, Justice, Peace & Integrity of Creation for Missionary Society of St. Columban/Global Catholic Climate Movement