Since the Nonviolence and Just Peace conference, held in Rome in April 2016, the Catholic Nonviolence Initiative (CNI) has been organizing a comprehensive effort to build support for integrating Gospel nonviolence throughout the Church, to develop resources, and to be at the service of the Church as it explores the development of innovative Church teaching on nonviolence and just peace.
It is a project of Pax Christi International, the Catholic peace movement.
- Ken Butigan, consultant to Pace e Bene Nonviolence Service and senior lecturer at DePaul University
- Marie Dennis, co-president, Pax Christi International
- Pat Gaffney, general secretary, Pax Christi UK
- Gerry Lee, director, Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns
- Greet Vanaerschot, secretary-general, Pax Christi International
- Sr. Teresia Wamuyu Wachira, international board, Pax Christi International and professor at St. Paul’s University
Project coordinator: Judy Coode